Welcome!

Shadow Box Frame made with Uniquely Creative July 2018 Kit (Gypsy Rose) Thank you for sneaking a peek into my creative world.  My na...

Friday 23 November 2018

Male 18th birthday greeting card tutorial



Dear papercrafters,

This has been such a busy year, so many milestones for our family including my son's graduation from high school and his 18th birthday.

I have been planning this card for quite a while, collecting various materials to use including many different cogs and gears themed embellishments.

Here are some close-ups of the finished product: 





First, I cut a piece of ordinary black cardstock to fit the white card base that I had chosen.

Then I embossed the cardstock with this embossing folder from Sizzix Tim Holtz.


After I embossed the card stock I used copper colour Nuvo Embellishment Mousse to bring out the details in the embossed design. I put a little on my index finger and then rubbed it over the cardstock in a random fashion.



Then I stuck the cardstock onto the card front with my ATG gun leaving a small gap at the top of the card base for the 'Happy Birthday' greeting stamp.

I used the Averyelle 'Happy Birthday' greeting from the banner bits clear stamp set with Momento Tuxedo Black ink.





Then I rubbed the copper embellishment mousse onto the ScrapFX Cog Key 18 chipboard cut out and stuck it on top of 3 black cardstock cogs die cuts. 


Lastly, I cut out the letter E V A N out of thick white card stock and stuck them onto the embossed cogs design.

I finished the card off by rubbing a little bit of embellishment mousse onto the top of the card over the 'Happy birthday' greeting.



Have a wonderful day!

Mel xo






No comments:

Post a Comment